13.2 BETA #2 - July 15, 2020 - Continued fixes
(See end of this post for links to the latest 13.x builds - in case you want to roll back)
Be sure to post your feedback in the Beta Discussion Thread
We're excited to have you take a look at Beta 2 for 13.2!
The biggest addition in this Beta is a new option that gives you greater control to synchronize your input sources at a global level.
Wirecast has an internal latency it uses for all incoming sources to give the incoming data time to come in and get stored properly before Wirecast asks for it. We now expose that parameter through Global Input Latency option (Preferences>Advanced) to allow you to set an internal latency or delay.
To be clear - this is kind of a pro feature - so don't go changing it to make yourself feel like a pro. And if you're not having any issues with A/V sync, you shouldn't have to touch this. The default is set to 100ms (which is 3 frames @ 30fps). Adjusting this may allow you to reduce audio glitching while keeping multiple sources in sync.
The difference between this and the current Audio or Video delay in Source Properties is that those options allow you to set delay for an individual source that may be coming in with less latency than other sources.
Additionally, we have fixed several crashes and other issues that were reported in Beta 1.
Here's a list of new fixes and improvements since the last beta. For FULL list of changes in 13.2, you can download the PDF Release Notes attached at the top of this post.
As always, please use this in your workflows and post your feedback in the Beta Discussion Thread.
New & Improved:
- WIRE-17666: Removed Auto-Canvas option as it was confusing and no longer serving a useful purpose. New documents will default to 720p. Older documents will be set at their actual canvas size, and you’ll get a warning if your output resolutions don’t match your canvas size.
- WIRE-17617: Updated the highlight color for Windows buttons to be less obnoxious than the bright green.
- WIRE-17610: Clarified a bit of wording on Chromakey Properties.
- WIRE-17594: Added support for Snap Camera.
- WIRE-17586: Improved the design of the NDI GPU encoding toggle button to make it clearer which was off, and which was on.
- WIRE-17585: Added a checkbox option in Advanced Preferences to allow you to reconnect live shots automatically if they get disconnected. Defaults to checked.
- WIRE-17577: Implemented a system of fixed latency for selecting the video & audio frames to render for each source. As part of this, we added a new text field to the Advanced section of the Preferences that will let you specify the Global Input Latency Wirecast should use. Lower latency means more possibility of audio blips; longer latency means more delay before video & audio are shown.
- WIRE-17556: We added an option to disconnect all peers when ending a Rendezvous session
- WIRE-17677: Fixed several small memory leaks on macOS.
- WIRE-17663: Fixed crash that could occur when opening the LinkedIn Login page on certain machines.
- WIRE-17662: Output Settings sidebar was not updating when the destination was changed. Now it does.
- WIRE-17646: If you set a delay on your Video Shot it will no longer reset itself intermittently.
- WIRE-17643: Fixed a bug where if you selected Configure Monitor and then System Audio Capture your Config Monitor selection would get reverted to your previous selection.
- WIRE-17640: Removed Syphon Inject from User Guide.
- WIRE-17633: We've removed Syphon Frame as a Source Option. Syphon depends on the OpenGL framework, (which Apple is in the process of deprecating), and as of version 13.2, we've moved Wirecast to the Metal framework, which is not compatible with Syphon.
- WIRE-17629: Removed use of the word "Master" in Wirecast and documentation in favor of Main Shot Bin and Main Audio Mixer.
- WIRE-17627: Fixed drop shadows being upside down on macOS.
- WIRE-17622: The "Remove when finished" option for media playback works again.
- WIRE-17609: Fixed a minor issue that would result in Chromakey being selected when you meant to select Lumakey.
- WIRE-17608: Stinger Transitions now maintain their alpha channels
- WIRE-17605: Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Rendezvous Guest joined a session.
- WIRE-17603/WIRE-17286/WIRE-16571: Fixed an issue that would cause capture cards to switch sources each time you rebooted your computer. See NOTE below.
- WIRE-17599: Fixed a crash that would occur when starting a Rendezvous Session when a disconnected audio source was in the Live Program Out Mix.
- WIRE-17598: Fixed a crash when changing the Solid Color sources’ width or height to zero.
- WIRE-17593: Removed forced bold, italic and bold italic from fonts that don’t support them.
- WIRE-17592: Fixed another rare crash on Windows.
- WIRE-17590: Teradek Sources no longer autofill Host, Port and Stream Name.
- WIRE-17580/WIRE-17578: Mattes now work again.
- WIRE-17489: Fixed a few issues with text scrolling that were known issues in Beta 1.
- WIRE-17282: Manual focus on NDI PTZ control now works.
- WIRE-17576: Fixed a crash when switching shots with certain transitions if the Rendezvous Live Output camera was set to the Document’s output.
- WIRE-17126: Selected transition was not used when using Keyboard Shortcuts when AutoLive was enabled.
- WIRE-14633: Users are now prompted to install the Telestream Audio driver when adding a System Audio Capture shot on macOS.
NOTE: As part of the fix for WIRE-17286, on BlackMagic devices, we now identify them via hardware ID instead of enumeration order. The fallout is that if you have a document that once referred to one piece of hardware it may fail to initially reference a different piece of hardware. The workaround is to use the asset manager to replace the references to the new hardware. Once done, that document should save your new sources as expected.
Here are quick links you can use to roll back to the latest released build:
Links to the Wirecast 13.1.3 installers:
Or visit our Download page to find installers for previous builds: https://dynamic.telestream.net/downloads/download-wirecast.asp?prodid=wirecast
CraigS I checked, did not see these specifically addressed.
A few problems we are seeing
1. Disappearing text in a lower third, had this in 12, much better in 13.1.2, but still happens on occasion.
2. We are seeing an internal audio sync issue when we bring a remote interview into the software when using a different capture card. The odd thing is the audio is in sync when it hits the streaming destination, YT, Facebook, Twitter. Capture card 1, used for the remote, is a Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder, the other card that brings the Roland VR-50HD in is a Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K card. Mixer output is 1080p 59.94, which can only be seen on the 4K card.
3. On most events, we must restart the software, prior to going live. The picture starts to freeze or hang up in the software, but is normal on the mixer. I just changed the input to the computer from the mixer to an HDMI cable vs. SDI.
4. Audio out of sync at the streaming destination, but audio is normal in the software. This happens on occasion, not every stream. We have not brought it up as an issue because it started after we moved to our new streaming computer. Odds are that may be where the problem is, but wanted you to be aware.