** ATTN: PLEASE READ BEFORE UPDATING to macOS 10.14 MOJAVE **
ATTN: Please read before updating to macOS 10.14 Mojave
As you are most likely aware macOS 10.14 Mojave is due to be released on Monday, September 24th. In macOS 10.14, we have discovered a severe issue causing a crash when streaming to destinations other than Facebook. We urge you to hold off on updating to 10.14 Mojave until we can release a fully compatible version. We expect to achieve full compatibility in version 11, slated for late October to early July.
In the interim, we will be pushing out a 10.1.1 hot-fix for mac users, to minimize issues as much as possible. This will be released as an in-app update notification, which will appear when you run Wirecast. We are aiming to release Wirecast 10.1.1 The same week of the Mojave release. This build will resolve the issues to most destinations, including YouTube, churchstreaming.tv , periscope etc.
Only users with active support will receive this update.
This compatibility fix, will have a few known issues:
- The integrated destination will fail to authenticate. The workaround is to use our generic RTMP destination with the streaming URL provided by Ustream/IBM
- Click here for instructions on using the RTMP destination to stream to Ustream/IBM Cloud
- No known workaround or fix will be available in Wirecast 10.1.1.
- If this is a workflow requirement, please stay on 10.13 High Sierra or earlier supported macOS versions until WC11 has been released.
- Click here for additional information
Stream delay does not work:
RTMP Metadata is missing Keyframe Frequency:
Please bear with us while we work to resolve these issues. We appreciate your understanding.