Switch 3.0 released - May 16, 2016
Mac Minimum System Requirements
● Operating System: OS X 10.10 or higher
● CPU: All Macs that support 10.10 and above, 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo or faster.
● Any Core i3, i5, ori7
● RAM: 4 GB or more
● 256 MB or more graphics memory
● Display: 1280 x 768 or larger, 50 Hz or faster
Windows Minimum System Requirements
● Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
● CPU: 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo or faster. Any Core i3, i5, or i7
● RAM: 4 GB or more
● Any graphics adapter that supports Direct3D feature level 10.1 orbetter
● 256 MB or more graphics memory
● Display: 1280 x 768 or larger, 50 Hz orfaster
*Note: Minimum specifications are the required hardware for playback of standard definition content. Playback of demanding content such as 4K, HEVC, and high frame rate video may require more powerful hardware.
Switch 3.0 NEW
• Switch can now compare alternate version of videos, including a full view, a split view for side-by-side comparisons, and a difference view for highlighting the pixels that have changed.
• Added support for publishing content directly to Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook.
• Added support for SeaChange DVL files.
• Added support for export to MXF OP-1a and OP-Atom containers.
• Added support for Avid DV playback.
Customer Feature Requests
• Switch now supports external pre[/B]view using BlackMagic devices.
• Switch now supports external preview of low resolution Apple ProRes 4:2:2 Proxy files by conforming them to an SDI standard.
• Serial numbers can now be entered once per machine and used by all users on that machine.
• Improved the preservation of color fidelity in exports.
• Fixed bugs that prevented interlaced video from being displayed on Windows when any mode other than Weave Fields was selected and hardware rendering was disabled.
• Switch is now more lenient when encountering errors in GXF files and will continue trying to play them.
• Added support for padded strides in Biplanar YUV 4:3:0 (‘NV12’) uncompressed video to avoid display problems on Windows 10.
• Fixed a bug that caused audio problems when exporting one channel from a source track with multiple channels if the speaker label chosen for the exported track happens to also exist in the source at the same track and channel indexes.
• Fixed a bug that caused matrixed stereo speaker labels (Left Total & Right Total) to be misinterpreted as stereo (Left & Right) in Quicktime MOV files.
• Fixed a bug that prevented the clean aperture from being applied to the exported chapter thumbnail images when doing an iTunes Store Package export.
• Fixed a bug that caused unusable files to be created when exporting 24-bit PCM in an MOV or MP4 file if the last transcoded audio chunk had fewer than expected samples.
• Fixed a bug that prevented hearing more than 16 channels of audio at one time.
• Fixed a bug that prevented the display of embedded timecode from MXF files with linked packages.
• Fixed a bug that caused closed captioning to appear on VANC line 12 instead of line 9 when using external preview to AJA devices.
• Fixed a bug that caused exports from open-GOP content with a trimmed tail to not be frame accurate.
• Improved the color accuracy on Windows.
• Switch is now more lenient when encountering unregistered picture-coding universal labels for AVC-Intra in MXF.
• Fixed external preview of 720p25 footage.
• Fixed a bug that prevented the display of a warning when quitting Switch via the Dock while there is still an export in progress.
• Fixed a bug that prevented deinterlacing when exporting to H.262 or H.264, with the exception of using a custom preset.
• Avoid scrambling of closed captioning in external previews when fast forwarding or rewinding by disabling VANC output when not at 1x playback speed.
• Fixed a problem exporting MPEG-2 Transport Streams that contain empty audio samples.
• Fixed a crash when playing back 708 captions with more than 15 lines on screen at once.
• Fixed a crash on Windows when trying to play AVC from FLV files that lack a description of the width, height, time scale, and frame duration. We now extract this information from the Sequence Parameter Set in the video instead.
• Added support for playing AAC audio with more than six channels and sample rates higher than 48kHz on Windows.
• Fixed a crash on OS X when quitting with multiple videos in full screen mode.
• Frames with long durations make time display appear to stall because it always shows the presentation time of the current frame.
• ASF files with variable frame rate display incorrect frame rate in the inspector.
• Detection of interlaced content in Windows Media files is not currently supported.
• WMV sources exported to H.264 in either MPEG-2 TS or PS containers can results in A/V synchronization problems.
• Publishing settings are lost when canceling to edit settings to meet requirements.
• Ancillary LTC timecode is not passed when using the KONA 4G card with the 4K driver.
• Ancillary LTC timecode is not passed when seeking or scrubbing through media.
Mac App Store
• In the Mac App Store version of Switch, when opening a file that references other files, such as QuickTime Reference Movies or IMF XML files, Switch will prompt the user to explicitly give permission to open each of the referenced files in order to satisfy the sandbox security requirements. Users who purchase Switch directly from Telestream will not have to perform these additional steps.
• Users who purchase Switch Plus from the Mac App Store and then decode to purchase Switch Pro are not offered upgrade pricing, but instead must pay full price.