Wirecast forgetting NDI sources
About 2'ish hours into our session, Wirecast seems to forget the NDI source from our presentation computer. This has happened consistently and can only be avoided by restarting Wirecast right before our broadcast and hoping that it lasts long enough. I have not had the same issues with OBS and the NDI Studio Monitor has a stable stream from our other computer.
- OS - Windows 10 Pro 21H2
- Wirecast 14.3.4 (Standard)
- Custom built PC:
- CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.61 GHz
- RAM: 32GB
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
- Input sources:
- NDI video source via gigbabit network interface (both ends) from iMac (Retina 5k 27 inch 2020) with macOS Big Sur 11.6.4) running ProPresenter v7.8 - 1080p60
- 2x BlackMagic Intensity Pro 4k PCI cards capturing HDMI inputs 1080i59.94 (driver version 12.1)
- One from the Mac as a backup
- Other from Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio Pro HD
- Wirecast preference setting - I don't know how to export this
- Wirecast Canvas size 720p
- Streaming and Recording encoder settings
- Streaming to Boxcast using standard encoder
- OS disk and recording disk are both SSDs. OS is 50% free, Recording disk is about 10% free.
- Wirecast Output Statistics
- CPU < 10% always
- FPS and connection status are as expected
NWCC Tech Team said:
the MAC was rebooted and it stopped working right then
There are a couple of threads going where Wirecast 15 does not deal with NDI sources going offline and coming back on correctly, this seems like another likely symptom of that.
Check out this thread and see if you experience similar issues: https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com/t/h7hb0ty/wirecast-15-weird-ndi-network-usage
Billy Davidson said:
this seems like another likely symptom of that.
Although that's not quite the same. Please don't combine issues.
Forgetting NDI sources is a different issue and is resolved when third-party programs are updated with the NDI fix. A few programs have had that issue.
third-party programs are updated with the NDI fix
The fix to what? A quick scan of this thread doesn't list a particular issue, just an update and maybe it will work suggestion.
I've had many situations across multiple versions where Wirecast doesn't populate the same list of sources that NDI Video monitor does while running on the same machine. During my troubleshooting of the above mentioned issue with v15.0 I would occasionally lose NDI sources in Wirecast that were visible in Video Monitor, but I couldn't find a repeatable way to reproduce it.
I didn't intend to combine issues, hence my phrasing above. But there is a potential shared root cause for multiple issues here, if not a single issue that presents multiple ways. My intent was to let the author know of the other issue as well.
It's still broken. 😭 I lost my Mac's ProPresenter NDI source. I can see other sources in the list, but not the one I'm using.
I had the NDI Studio Monitor up on the same PC and it didn't miss a beat.
Is there any configuration parameter for Wirecast to query for input sources periodically? This is getting pretty frustrating.