Freeze when selecting .png with transparency within shot playlist
- OS: Big Sur (11.1)
- Wirecast Version Name: Pro, 14.1.2 (Build 1331.7398cc0e)
- Computer Model, CPU type, GPU model: iMac (Retina 5K, 2020) 3.3 GHz Core i5, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB
- Input sources of the video/audio and type of connection used including:
- 1 Sony video camera, SDI to HDMI, 720p59.94
- 2 PTZ cameras (unused in included video)
- Onyx Producer (Audio)
- Shot playlists consisting of .png files with transparency
- Complete hardware setup used for streaming:
- iMac w/ Wirecast
- 1 Sony camera
- 2 network-accessed PTZ cameras
- Onyx Producer Audio input device
- Server and/or CDN name: n/a
- Wirecast preference settings changed from default (be complete):
- Live GPU Accelerated icons: Highest Framerate
- Video Display Rate: 60 fps
- Wirecast Canvas size: 720p
- Streaming and Recording encoder settings
- FB Live: 720p30 (2Mbps) x264 H.264
- YouTube: 720p30 x264 Recommended (2.5 Mbps)
- Record to Disk: 720p30 (2Mbps) x264 H.264
- Drive specs and connection type and percentage free space if recording: 500GB SSD, ~80% free space
- Wirecast Output Statistics (CPU%, fps, connection green bars):
- ~20-25%, 30 fps, good connection
- Monitor configuration and frame sizes: Scaled reslution, larger text, True Tone disabled, AirPlay display: Off
- Relevant shot and Master Layer configuration:
- 5 layers utilized
- Logo overlay - top layer
- Lower thirds (.png w/ transparency organized into shot playlists) - 2nd layer
- Title bottom thirds and graphics (titles from Wirecast assets, some image files) - 3rd layer
- Video inputs including Sony, PTZ - 4th layer
- Audio (Onyx Producer) - bottom layer
Please be complete and meticulously detailed.
Video included. Video freezes anytime a shot playlist is selected, but resumes when navigating to the main shot list.
Describe as if you want someone to make a matching setup and shot.
Create video layer. Create layer above with shot playlist containing lower-thirds as .png files with transparency. Go live, select shot within playlist. Freeze.
It's not clear to me that the PNG is the cause of the image freezing in the provided video.
Please update to Big Sur 11.2.3 as there were issues with 11.1 that Apple fixed that can impact Wirecast.
Your Video Display Rate of 60 doesn't match your output of 30fps. Video Display Rate should match output, rather than sources. Given you have a 60fps source you will drop frames in the conversion. Ideally all frame rates should match.
Please provide and example which shows that the PNG is the cause of the issue.
It's possible there's an issue with the PNG but that would be an unsubstantiated assumption given the video provided.
It would be best to test in a new document with only the single video source using a shot with and without the PNG as that would exclude other influences.
I wouldn't assume the PNG's are the issue; we use many of them each week and have for almost a year in this fashion. It used to cause a high load on our (VERY) old MacBook, but we've had no problems with them since upgrading to the above machine. Regardless, I've attached them.
Changed the Video Display Rate to 30 as suggested, will report back.
I'll also do the upgrade to 11.2.3 this week.