Screenflow cannot record desktop
Hi, this is a new problem and it looks like maybe some other folks are experiencing this but not sure what the response is here. I know you'll list off all of the typical things to try, which I've already done and I'm fairly certain that this is a new problem as I use Screenflow almost daily and it just started happening a few days ago.
1. All permissions are checked.
2. No old Screenflow permissions are checked.
3. No old Screenflow version are on my computer or have been for a long time (fixed that issue long ago).
4. Tried unchecking, saving, rechecking, saving permissions.
5. Tried unistalling and reinstalling.
6. I have two monitors, tried recording with extra monitor completely disconnected physically.
7. Running Screenflow 9.0.7 and have been.
8. I'm on an iMac, Big Sur 11.4. This was the only thing new that happened in the last week-ish (I don't remember the exact day), and so wondering if that's at play.
Of course I'm willing to try anything that will permanently fix this problem if it's something potentially on my end (not interested in temporary fixes that I have to do over and over). If not, I'd like to hear how/when it will be fixed on SF's end. Like I said, I use it almost daily and have for years, and as the owner of my creative agency we recommend SF hands-down to all of our clients.
Bam! That did it :) Thanks! For anyone else looking, I found this article on how to manually add it. It references adding it to Accessibility permissions, but works the same for Screen Recording:
I have done all of this an I cannot record from desktop. All permissions enabled, including helper (see screenshot). It shows green checkmarks on the configuration (see screenshot), but if I try to add media for "record from desktop" I cannot. The only thing in the drop down is "desktops" and it's greyed out (see attached screenshot). I have screenflow version 10.0.3, I have no other versions on this mac. It is a new mac max m1 running on monterey. I have shut down and restarted multiple times. Any help would be appreciated. I'm simply stuck right now and can't do anything. Thank you.