13.2 BETA - June 17, 2020 - lotsa fixes-n-stuff
(See end of this post for links to the latest 13.x builds - in case you want to roll back)
Be sure to post your feedback in the Beta Discussion Thread
Greetings live streamers!
We are pleased to finally introduce our newest bundle of joy: Wirecast 13.2 Beta.
In terms of fixes, changes, improvements and general manipulation of code… this is actually our BIGGEST RELEASE EVER (well, at least since version 8, which was many years ago).
Here are some of the highlights:
- All new Chroma Key (with special guests Luma Key and Color Key)
- New options for more accurate keying, including spill suppression, edge coloring, and clipping ranges. Plus a Luma Key (useful if you have a logo with a white or black background you wish to remove), and Color key (useful for images (logos) that have non-black and non-white backgrounds).
- Improved source connections
- Improvements to Wirecast Go and webstream connectivity, plus GPU decoding for NDI sources
- Better options when connections disconnect
- When connections drop, you can now choose to replace it with transparency or a custom image
- Updated technologies
- Updated to NDI 4.5, switch from OpenGL to Metal on macOS, updated webstream plugin (libVLC)
- Text and Font improvements
- Smoother text scrolling and a font picker to select font variants
- Many, many, many more bug fixes and other improvements
With this, we once again humbly ask for your help! We have, of course, had our QA department go through every area of the application and test the most common workflows that we support, and there are a few known issues with this beta.
But we know we can't possibly test the multitudes upon multitudes of workflows and devices that exist in the world. So, we’d really like you to test Wirecast 13.2 BETA in your existing workflows and let us know if you see any issues.
Below, (and linked above) are the full the release notes in case you really want to geek out. There are also a few known issues listed at the end.
And lastly, this is likely the first of what may be several beta versions, as we have a few more fixes we want to get in to this before we release it. (Including one around scaling issues of incoming NDI sources)
As always, thank you!
Please post any feedback (good and bad) in the Beta Discussion Thread
Wirecast BETA 13.2
New & Improved:
- WIRE-17533: Added the ability to set a LinkedIn Live event to "Public" or "Private".
- WIRE-17467: Added a font face pop up to more accurately select font variations.
- WIRE-17451: Updated the term "Audio Interface" to the more descriptive "Audio Playback" for clarity.
- WIRE-17432: Now we allow you to create a custom encoder when outputting to Facebook Live.
- WIRE-17325: Added a tooltip to help explain the Facebook Optimize Connection button.
- WIRE-17318: We no longer notify you when a new update comes out if your OS is not supported.
- WIRE-17317/WIRE-17238: Updated the button placement in the Rendezvous dashboard to prevent you from unintentionally starting a new session when you meant to connect to a previous session.
- WIRE-17313: Made a minor update to the Vimeo Output API.
- WIRE-17277: Enabled GPU decoding for NDI sources.
- WIRE-17260/WIRE-16693: Updated our Solid Color overlay functionality with a fancy new GPU-accelerated one.
- WIRE-17229: Gave a minor makeover to our "Add Source" Window layout.
- WIRE-17197: Implemented a number of changes to improve the reconnection behavior of Wirecast Go when used as a source.
- WIRE-17190: Smoothed out audio from sources when connecting and disconnecting.
- WIRE-17077: Updated to NDI SDK 4.5.
- WIRE-17019: Wirecast now opens at the size of the screen instead of at a certain size in the top left corner of the screen
- WIRE-16972: Made some under-the-hood improvements to the Audio Mixer, which should result in an improved efficiency and reduced CPU load.
- WIRE-16933: Upgraded our Webstream plugin (libVLC) to version 3.0.8.
- WIRE-16930/ WIRE-16734/ WIRE-6613 /WIRE-14: Introducing Chroma Key v2: Added new features to our Chroma Key to enable more accurate keying, including spill suppression, edge coloring, clipping ranges and more.
- WIRE-16929: Introducing Color Key: Added a new Color Key feature which keys using colors in the RGB space. Useful for images (logos) that have non-black and non-white backgrounds.
- WIRE-16928: Introducing Luma Key: Added a new Luma Key feature which sets the image alpha based on the intensity (y) value, ignoring the color (U and V) values. This is useful if you have a logo with a white or black background you wish to remove.
- WIRE-16925/WIRE-12741/WIRE-16650: Rebuilt our Mulitviewer, and in the process, added some cool new audio meters.
- WIRE-16847: Implemented a menu & menu items under the 'Switch' menu that restores the toggle functionality of Layers in the Main Shot Display area.
- WIRE-16783: Rebuilt the Shot Layers User Interface- you’ll notice some snappier animations and a subtle new look.
- WIRE-16749: Added support for new "made for Kids" guidelines in YouTube destination.
- WIRE-16739: Improve the Output Statistics for RTMP Destinations.
- WIRE-16699: Rewrote our text widget to, among other things, improve performance and smoothness of scrolling text.
- WIRE-16732: Changed the way we store/show your document thumbnail, to reduce file size.
- WIRE-16663: There is now a 'Delete all' button in the Asset Manager window to remove all missing assets at once.
- WIRE-16648: Switched from the Apple-deprecated OpenGL render engine to Metal on macOS.
- WIRE-15995/WIRE-17442: We moved the status bar to the bottom of the main document UI to free up space at the top. It will show System CPU, bitrate, dropped frames, viewer count, Facebook reactions and Telestream Cloud status.
- WIRE-15915: Added the ability to bring in an NDI audio only source.
- WIRE-15584: Added an "Add All" button in Rendezvous to more efficiently add all guests at once.
- WIRE-14979: We now allow you to set In and Out points on your Custom (Stinger) transitions.
- WIRE-14072: We added an improvement so that all sources appear and disappear from the source list while the Add Source dialog is showing, so you no longer need to close and reopen the dialog to see updates.
- WIRE-12911: Improved experience when a shot gets disconnected. You now have the option for disconnected shots to be replaced with the red question mark, a transparency, or an image of your choice.
- WIRE-17574: Fixed rare crash on Windows.
- WIRE-17564: Fix rare crash when switching shots to a Rendezvous Guest that has disconnected.
- WIRE-17553: Fixed rare crash that could occur when a Dynamic Destination sends Wirecast an invalid XML file.
- WIRE-17527/ WIRE-16883: Fixed rare crash at quit on macOS.
- WIRE-17525: Fixed a bug where you could inexplicably no longer manipulate shots using your mouse
- WIRE-17512: In the Audio Properties panel, it turns out changes made to the gain channel sliders were not being sent live.
- WIRE-17490: The Select Screen Region feature of Screen Capture now works again on macOS.
- WIRE-17465: Fixed an issue where output destination names would rebel, if left unnamed, and take over a name from an existing destination.
- WIRE-17463/ WIRE-17420/ WIRE-16591/ WIRE-15317: Satisfyingly, fixed a number of rare crashes that could occur when switching shots.
- WIRE-17448: Removed Studio badges from Wirecast UI.
- WIRE-17440: Updated the Facebook Live API to make it possible to schedule a live event on Facebook from Wirecast again.
- WIRE-17427/WIRE-13538: Resolved a crash that could occur if you added more than 49 layers to a shot.
- WIRE-17412: Fixed a very rare hang when deleting a replay layer.
- WIRE-17408/ WIRE-17334: Fixed an issue that would let you close a document without saving some source properties settings - thus causing you to lose those settings.
- WIRE-17378/WIRE-17213: Fixed issue where your text and clock shots would suddenly go missing.
- WIRE-17373: Auto-Canvas was sometimes reporting the wrong resolution.
- WIRE-17343: Added a font face pop up to more accurately select font variations.
- WIRE-17323: Fixed a confusing error that would show a Wirecast crash error upon opening.
- WIRE-17315: The websocket connection to the server was closing unexpectedly when using a VPN service with Rendezvous. So now we add a periodic ping to keep the websocket connection alive.
- WIRE-17304: Restricted Virtual Camera to only output from one document at a time.
- WIRE-17302: Input fields in Output Settings are no longer unresponsive following a single factor authentication failure.
- WIRE-17286/WIRE-16571: Fixed an issue that would cause capture cards to switch sources each time you rebooted your computer. See NOTE below.
- WIRE-17282: Manual focus on NDI PTZ control now works.
- WIRE-17279: Fixed a crash that could occur if your document freaked out and got into a state where it wasn't ready for the next action. This could occur when attempting a screen capture when an audio driver is not installed, or you have shots programmed to an Elgato StreamDeck.
- WIRE-17261/ WIRE-17174: NDI audio can now be sent joyously and distortion-free to Rendezvous participants
- WIRE-17259: Wirecast no longer fails silently when attempting to connect to a scan converter source that’s larger than 8K.
- WIRE-17256: Now we don’t prompt you twice to overwrite saved documents on macOS Catalina.
- WIRE-17236: Icons were incorrectly displaying mute in a browser connection when entering a Rendezvous session.
- WIRE-17226: Updated the Media File icons are the same in the Add Source dialog.
- WIRE-17210: Fixed a minor memory leak in the YouTube Destination.
- WIRE-17201: YouTube is deprecating the StreamNow functionality. All YouTube live streams must now be done through events.
- WIRE-17196: Worked around an issue where the NDI HX app provides invalid audio timestamps when sending to Windows.
- WIRE-17192: We disabled the Facebook Speed test when streaming via Wirecast Restream since the location wasn't local and optimizations were invalid
- WIRE-17189: Emojis, and other characters are showing correctly again in Rendezvous.
- WIRE-17169: Added a notification when attempting to install on Windows 8.x. (Psst: It requires Windows 10 or higher).
- WIRE-17164: Canvas Size limitations are now enforced when using custom presets.
- WIRE-17150: If your document was saved with a layer off in a previous version of Wirecast, and opened in Wirecast 13, the layer would not appear. We found your missing layer and brought it home.
- WIRE-17142: When sending live captions through our WebServices platform, certain platforms are not handling b-frames correctly resulting in garbled captions. To account for that, we added new "Cloud Captioning" encoding presets that turn b-frames off and increase bit rate (to account for inherent quality loss of turning off b-frames).
- WIRE-17278: Now your encoding preset won’t spontaneously change after you create an event.
- WIRE-17133: Add documentation for sources that can be used with ISO Recording.
- WIRE-17124: Add ability to Screen Capture hardware accelerated applications on Windows 10 1903 and higher. Examples are Chrome, Firefox and Zoom.
- WIRE-17095: Improve the peak bitrate behavior of the Apple H.264 encoder. This fix only applies to macOS 10.15+.
- WIRE-17087: Fixed an error in the YouTube API caused by the reported user's region being unsupported
- WIRE-17084: Facebook recently made changes to Groups that restricts any app from accessing certain features, such as the Live API, until an admin grants access to the app. We updated our error message for this so you might actually know what it means and what to do about it.
- WIRE-17080: Increased the efficiency of data calls for Facebook scheduled events
- WIRE-17065: Fixed an issue using audio interfaces with Rendezvous on macOS.
- WIRE-17063: Improved resiliency when dealing with apps that feed us video timestamps that are off from the audio timestamps (e.g. JustWifiCam on iOS).
- WIRE-17055: Fixed a crash that could occur while setting up a YouTube event
- WIRE-16994: There were some unnecessary horizontal scroll bars on Windows that we removed. Now you won’t be tempted to scroll when you can’t.
- WIRE-16973: Made some under-the-hood fixes to reduce CPU on Mac.
- WIRE-16963/WIRE-16904: Fixed an issue where sources on your Live and Preview would scale to 1/4 when dragging your document from one monitor to another on macOS.
- WIRE-16924: Added trace logs to improve our ability to track errors to YouTube streaming.
- WIRE-16917: Fixed issue where icons in the Main Shot Display were not handled consistently across audio sources and in some cases were not respecting the addition/removal of layers containing audio
- WIRE-16912: Fixed a horizontal misalignment of Bitrate in the Output Statistics
- WIRE-16911: Fixed horizontal alignment of Channel in the Rendezvous Audio Mixer in certain languages.
- WIRE-16910/WIRE-16905/WIRE-16903 /WIRE-16707/WIRE-16784: Fixed a variety of missing translations.
- WIRE-16908: Made our error message more understandable if you were to select Live Captions without having Telestream Cloud Settings selected.
- WIRE-16907/WIRE-16826: Fixed a couple of error messages that were displaying incorrectly, especially when in dark mode.
- WIRE-16906: Fixed text overflow in the Keyboard Shortcuts Preferences Pane in certain languages.
- WIRE-16869: Made some changes to the YouTube destination to more elegantly handle accounts that don't have pre-existing events.
- WIRE-16835: Fixed the layout of our Support Assistant in several languages.
- WIRE-16825: Fixed a rare hang when exiting to Multiviewer while ingesting a BlackMagic source.
- WIRE-16820: Added CPU data to the trace log on exit.
- WIRE-16811: Added a manual configuration option for audio sample rate that will let you pick the value that matches your incoming source. (Note: you can only configure the audio sample rate when automatic format detection is disabled. We do this to prevent people (we won't name names) who don't know what they're doing, to set it to 196kHz - because they may think bigger is better - and then call support or get stuck because they don't understand what's happening. So, yeah. We're restricting this for your own good. When format detection is enabled, we assume the audio is 48 kHz.)
- WIRE-16799: Crash when declining a macOS prompt to install Osaka font.
- WIRE-16779: Fixed a crash that would occur when stopping two live streams to Twitter/Periscope.
- WIRE-16778: Fixed an issue playing audio from WASAPI devices.
- WIRE-16776: We've taken some extraordinary measures to ensure that web stream sources stay connected and don't freeze in Wirecast - even if they restart, end, enter an error state or we stop receiving data for any number of reasons. We now try our darnedest to reconnect.
- WIRE-16768: Output Settings UI has some minor alignment issues on macOS.
- WIRE-16763: Fixed a crash that could occur if you had a hotkey with no name, and you right-clicked a shot.
- WIRE-16762: Fixed an issue that could occur when using a source that produces JPEG frames, on a computer that is not fast enough to decode them in real-time. The result was a backlog of frames that would cause the source's video to be delayed and out of sync with any live audio. (This could've also happened when deinterlacing video from a task source (though less likely since deinterlacing is relatively quick).
- WIRE-16760: Wirecast was trying to use deselected/unused output destinations when Live Captions was selected. It won't do that anymore.
- WIRE-16747: Fixed our copyright date in the About window.
- WIRE-16745: Flash is dead. We're not going to warn you that it's not installed anymore.
- WIRE-16713: Reconfigured NDI Output to avoid "clocking" the output which was intended to help file-based outputs but effectively slowed down real-time sources, resulting in for example, dropped frames at 1080p60.
- WIRE-16694: Reconfigured NDI Output, which effectively improved several issues- one of which was an observed A/V sync issue on NDI Out.
- WIRE-16684: Fixed an issue that cause no video from the Logitech B910 when using Motion JPEG.
- WIRE-16643: The option to move a shot from a Playlist back to the Main Shot list… is back.
- WIRE-16627: Fixed an issue where Scheduled Events in YouTube were going live immediately.
- WIRE-16613: Restored the ability for keyboard navigation in dialog boxes on macOS.
- WIRE-16588: Fixed some artifacts that could appear when interacting with your document.
- WIRE-16457/ WIRE-15874: Implemented auto-reconnect for webstream sources if they unexpectedly disconnect
- WIRE-16306: Fixed an issue where you could drop frames after enabling Chroma Key.
- WIRE-16237: Fixed an issue that would cause NVENC encoding to fail on certain laptops with dual GPUs.
- WIRE-16020: Fixed it so that frames are no longer being dropped on certain transitions.
- WIRE-15781: Now, modifying the canvas size does not cause the Multiviewer to stop updating.
- WIRE-15729: Now, when an ISO/replay recording's source becomes unavailable, the recording stops and must be manually restarted. User is informed of the stoppage via the status bar.
- WIRE-14983: Fix very rare crash that could occur when activating a license on Windows.
- WIRE-14511: We now require a subject to be entered in order to submit zip support file. Our Support department thanks you for that.
- WIRE-14277: Duplicate sources no longer show when adding an iOS camera source.
- WIRE-12047: Updated the names of some of the properties for text shadow for more clarity.
- WIRE-11406: Completely rewrote our text widget, which has greatly improved the quality of text scrolling.
- WIRE-6042: Now we provide a warning in output settings if folder you're trying to save to doesn't exist.
- WIRE-17578/WIRE-17580 – Mattes, including custom Mattes, do not work at the moment—they will be coming back soon.
- WIRE-17489 – There are a few issues with text scrolling – we’ll be fixing these soon.
- NOTE: As part of the fix for WIRE-17286, on BlackMagic devices, we now identify them via hardware ID instead of enumeration order. The fallout is that if you have a document that once referred to one piece of hardware it may fail to initially reference a different piece of hardware. The workaround is to use the asset manager to replace the references to the new hardware. Once done, that document should save your new sources as expected.
Here are quick links you can use to roll back to the latest released build:
Links to the Wirecast 13.1.3 installers:
Or visit our Download page to find installers for previous builds: https://dynamic.telestream.net/downloads/download-wirecast.asp?prodid=wirecast