QT reference in network share fails to encode
i have avid media composer 8.4 in windows 7. i exported quicktime reference from a DV25PAL media which is in a shared network folder. i m using Synology network storage as a shared media drive in mediacomposer. i tried to encode the QT ref file in episode engine 7.1(trial) and episode engine 6.4 (full ver) using a file monitor setup to mpeg2. but if fails with a error message : "unknown reason" or "no importer found"
Do test in Episode 7.2 as well.
No importer found usually means Episode doesn't have or can't decode the source codec.
As a test try using a self contained version. That may determine that the issue is around the Reference file.
Please note the following:
Episode accepts and processes QuickTime Reference files, subject to the following requirements:
• All files referred to by the QuickTime Reference files must remain in their specified locations and those locations must be accessible by Episode
• Flatten Video Tracks must be enabled
• Fill Spaces with Black must be enabled
• Render All Video Effects must be enabled
• Premix Audio Tracks must be enabled
• Clips and sequences must contain a single video or audio essence type—mixed codec sequences are not supported.
• The timeline must not contain long-GOP media, such as XDCAM clips.
• Data tracks are not exported
Please confirm your reference file has met the above qualifications.
laxmi charan Self Contained means instead of using a QT Reference file, use a file that's completely rendered (self contained). The Reference file may not be finding all the source media given the path. I want to make sure that's the issue and not something else so please test a self contained file on the network drive.
You should update to Episode 7.3 before any further testing.