Elements resizing themselves randomly
I've been having an issue with a new project i've just built, elements in different scenes seem to be resizing themselves with no real reason. For example I have a png holding slide in one scene that will suddenly change it's scale properties so it is smaller in the canvas or a camera input that is suddenly larger. I'm on the latest version on Wirecast (14.3.3)
Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? i've built and ran many projects over the last year and half and never seen this issue before.
Can you screen record an example?
Sometimes what appears random to the user has a concrete reason to us so we would need to see what is being done at the time something resizes.
Stuart Almond said:
i've built and ran many projects over the last year and half and never seen this issue before.
Since this seems to be a new issue what was the last version of Wirecast that did not have this issue?
I haven't been able to get a screen recording of the issue happening, but as far as I can tell it happens when you click a shot, click another shot then go back to the previous shot. I just added text to multiple shots and all of them moved after clicking through the shots. They all moved to the same position though if that helps.
I have a colleague who created a project earlier in the month who had this issue and he was using the previous version of Wirecast 14.3.1
I've managed to get a screen recoding of it. You can see that the namestraps start moving around when the other layers are clicked on. It seems as if it's positioning it where the text is in the upper right corner. FYI this is a completely new project to my previous one, so it doesn't appear to be a bug with that project.
Just to update, we've rolled back to 14.2.1, the issue was still there, we deleted preferences using the built in support assist and it seems to have gotten rid of the problem (I re-built the whole project and didn't see one occurrence of the issue.) This solves the issue for now but going forward may still be a problem. Once we've gotten past this job we'll likely upgrade to the latest version again and try deleting preferences using support assist and see if that solves the problem.
Stuart Almond said:
Once we've gotten past this job we'll likely upgrade to the latest version again and try deleting preferences using support assist and see if that solves the problem.
Since the issue may be preferences becoming corrupted if you could save the preferences separately before deleting, we could compare bad and good preferences to investigate the fix.
Although you mention "randomly" your recording seems to show a specific workflow with a complex series of steps. The relevancy of the steps may not be clear to the developers. You're also reordering layers and moving shots and the developers may be confused by their significance. Any of those steps may, or may not, be contributing to the issue.
Also since you mention "randomly" the developers may want to know the frequency of its occurrence. To test they need to know how often to go through a series of steps before the issue is exhibited.
A better example might be a simple replacement of on already existing name strap using Replace Layer for example. In other words the sequence of relevant steps should be clear to the developers so they can test and verify the issue.