audio: the basic background noise has greatly increased
I am testing Wirecast 15.0.0. beta.
However, I noticed 2 things:
- the possibility of inserting external plugins is still missing; could you at least put in a reverb?
- as regards the audio: the basic background noise has greatly increased, which on version 14 is not present. It is also very evident from the VU meters which light up continuously. For me, audio is very important because I teach in a musical high school. Can it be corrected?
- MacBook pro (13-inch, M1, 2020, 16GB Memory)
- MacOS Monterey v12.1
- Sonnet Echo 11 Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- Yamaha I / O Rack Tio1608-D
- Netgear AV Line, M4250-10G2F-PoE + 30W
- Wirecast v14.3.4
- NDI v5
- Dante Via v1.3.1
- Dante Controller v18.104.22.168
- Yamaha R Remote v22.214.171.124
- Canon XA11
- Kiloview U40 for NDI
I suspect that the previous speakers are about the so-called self-noise after reading from the D / A converter. Nevertheless, it does not occur for me. I also have an external audio mixer connected and I didn't observe what "PG" says.
As for the "NOISE REDUCTION" plugin. Basically, its purpose is important, but the algorithm used in it is of very poor quality. Is there a chance to improve it so that it generates "less plastic sound"? The problem with the algorithm and its automation is that the more we want to lower the background, the more destructive the sound above the noise becomes. Additionally, when it comes to the slider, the amount of reduction should also be specified in decibels. It would be nice if these two descriptions were found in parallel.
Besides, this applies to all similar descriptions to other plugins.