Unable to permanently activate ScreenFlow 5 on MacOS Catalina 10.15
Screenflow: 5.0.7 (non App Store)
MacOS: 10.15.4 (plenty of disk space)
1. Open Screenflow --> Purchase menu
2. Enter admin password as prompted
3. Select Activate Screenflow --> enter Serial Number
4. Screenflow is now activated according to the menu and the fact that I can export videos without a watermark
5. Quit Screenflow completely
6. Reopen Screenflow to find that it's no longer activated (I get the "Welcome to Screenflow message, cannot export without the watermark, and the license number is no longer showing in the Purchase menu)
I have tried re-installing the app numerous times but cannot get it to stay activated.
My license was previously active on an old laptop whose hard drive crashed and I am moving over to a new disk. This is something I've gone through before with Screenflow and never had any issues with. The only difference here is that I don't think I've migrated from a non-Catalina OS over to Catalina like this.
If I had to guess where to begin, I'd say venture that the issue has to do with the new SIP put in place with Catalina and SF is attempting to read/write the license confirmation locally to a directory which is SIP protected.