Screenflow Export Freezes at about 90% complete
• Computer hardware including screen size (Specific Mac Model). Screen Size 13” Model: A1708
• OS version (10.x.x) MacOS Big Sur version 11.4
• ScreenFlow version (x.x.x) and whether it's Mac App Store version. ScreenFlow Version 10.0.2 (31833)from web site Telestream
• external devices recording from and how are they connected to computer. No external devices
• Scratch disk location in preferences if it's hard drive record or playback issue. Not sure what this means, I’m using the computer hard drive to store files.
• Free hard drive space. 410.98 GB free
• Number of Monitors if more than one and screen size of each. Using just the 13 inch laptop screen.
• Complete Export settings if it's an export or encoded file playback issue. See image below
• Step by step workflow.
1) Start Screen flow and record the screen.
2) Edit the screen recording.
3) Export the screen recording to the desktop.
• Source files used in your project. None just screen recording
• What you are recording. (What Program or Browser if relevant) No program just screen
• Sequence running time. 40 mins
• Error messages if any. No Error messages program just freezes at about 90%.
• Visual or auditory description of the issue. Attach screenshot if you think it will clarify. See attached activity monitor sample.
• We may ask you for an exported file or a project file in some cases.
We would like to have you try resetting ScreenFlow and attempting the export again. Here is a link to an article with instructions on how to reset ScreenFlow ( https://telestream.secure.force.com/kb/articles/Knowledge_Article/Gather-Support-Diagnostics-Reset-ScreenFlow-Preferences ).
Thanks. That lets us know it's not specific to hardware acceleration.
Another "odd" possibility might be related to scaling. What if you set to export to 1080 Letterbox instead of 720? Is your Canvas size is 2880x1800?
Ron Golden said:
At fast speed it freezes at about 90%. One thing I did find out is that if the file size is small like 3GB or less it will export at the fast speed any file bigger than that size it freezes.
So it seems size is a factor as well as using hardware acceleration (fast mode).
Can you have a look at Apple Activity Monitor both CPU and Memory columns when it freezes? Are any processes red? What do Memory Pressure and Swaps look like?