EDL as source fails at Engine 7.1
Hi, I'm trying both intro/outro and the EDL for multi source encoding.
doing intro/outro is ok with same container, format, tracks etc...
BUT you need to have RESIZE always on, if not I get an error ? Is this really so ?
But EDL ?
I have two heads, one film, and two tails..
Into premiere I put then into a timeline, with no gap. Export an EDL.
Dropping this edl intro source gives me this message at rendering.
initialization failed (no importer found)
lisence Engine 7.1, on mac 10.10.5
(and all files works independently) and also they all work with intro/outro
TITLE: edl test with gap
FCM: NON-DROP FRAME
001 AX AA/V C 00:00:50:15 00:00:56:15 00:00:00:00 00:00:06:00
* FROM CLIP NAME: Head_6sec.mov
002 AX AA/V C 00:00:50:15 00:00:56:15 00:00:06:00 00:00:12:00
* FROM CLIP NAME: Head_2_6 sec.mov
003 AX AA/V C 00:00:00:00 00:00:32:12 00:00:12:00 00:00:44:12
* FROM CLIP NAME: Intro_outro_24fps_30sec.mov
004 AX AA/V C 00:01:06:19 00:01:16:19 00:00:44:12 00:00:54:12
* FROM CLIP NAME: Tail_10sec.mov
005 BL V C 00:00:00:00 00:00:03:14 00:00:54:12 00:00:58:02
006 AX AA/V C 00:01:06:19 00:01:11:19 00:00:58:02 00:01:03:02
* FROM CLIP NAME: Tail_2_5sec.mov
From the Episode Advanced User Guide.
See Page 46
• Edit Decision List (EDL) Conforming. Enables you to create and submit an Epi- sode EDL source which identifies a set of source files to be combined into a sin- gle output file. Each file in the EDL can be trimmed based on time-code or time.
When using EDL’s as a source, your workflow must observe these constraints:
You can’t add intro/outro to encoders
Both video and audio tracks must be present
Encoder can not copy tracks
Encoders must not have streaming enabled.
Perhaps that's the issue.
From the email I got from support I know understand that an EDL in episode terms is not an EDL from the NLE world where I come from :)
So an episode EDL is a conforming list, generated from the command line with the episode tool...
It is NOT and EDL coming from an NLE and to be dropped into the File List in the source.