Wirecast 11 Beta now here!
Wirecast 11 is just around the corner! We're posting a public beta here for the new version as we have with earlier versions this year. A practice we intend to continue in order to give you the opportunity to see our latest features, updates and fixes.
NEW Features include:
– A rewritten WebStream Plugin
• Broader format, codec and network transport support. The plugin is hosted in a new out of process architecture that protects Wirecast from any failure in the plug-in. The new Webstream Plug-in enables HLS and MPEG-DASH ingest, has configurable latency for network devices and improved discovery.
– Stinger Transitions support
• New stinger transition configuration panel enables you to set up movies/animations to use as custom transitions. Support for Apple Animation, ProRes and CineForm alpha channeled QuickTime content.
– ‘Smooth Transition’ build in & out properties
• Return of a favorite feature. A panel has been added for configuring the build in & out animations used when the ‘Smooth’ transition is selected.
– Virtual Camera Improvements
• The virtual camera driver for macOS has been rewritten for faster performance and better compatibility with host applications, including sandboxed apps. We added the option to horizontally flip the video going to the virtual camera.
– MacBook Pro Touchbar Switcher
• Ever wonder what the Touchbar was for? Wonder no longer. Wirecast 11 adds a quick shot switcher to the Touchbar.
Additional improvements also include:
• New ‘Add Reference’ workflow when adding a new shot or layer to control how sources are created
• Support for Facebook Live Donations
• Unlimited pagination for Facebook Live Groups and Pages
• Enabled users with Publish permissions to post to Facebook Groups
• Switched to the v5 API when publishing to Twitch
• PTZ support for VISCA over UDP for PTZ Optics & Lumens cameras (Other brands utilizing VISCA UDP may work but are not officially supported)
Wirecast 11 is speedier than ever, with quicker startup times, significantly faster drop shadow on macOS, and lower CPU on rendering. We’ll continue to build on this work with every release.
Wirecast 11.0 (36f5d5c9) Beta1 can be found below:
As always, please post in the Beta Discussions Forum. Please note Beta and include build number.
Seems the trigger was pulled but someone forgot to lower the forcefield. This will get fixed AM USA Pacific time.
Understood. But I have to share, it is rather ironic that the address that was not reachable was qa.telestream.net ... I guess no-one QA'd the release post in the forum?
All good Craig. No problem. I think my Aussie sense of humour flew straight over the top ... but all sorted now!