“Internal validation error” after Copy+Paste
- iMac 13,2 (2560x1440) with 32 GB internal
- OS X 10.11.4
- ScreenFlow 5.0.5 (26488) – from the Mac App Store
- recording only from built-in iMac screen, with computer audio
- 1 TB SSD, with 9.6 GB free disk space
- no additional screens connected
Steps to reproduce:
- take a screen capture
- split it up in multiple sections
- duplicate one section, e.g. the last one (Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- save (Cmd-S)
- File is saved.
- There is no error message.
- The file is not save.
- Error message: “The document could not be saved” with detail message:
ScreenFlow encountered an internal validation error preventing it from saving the document. Please try undoing your recent actions and then contact technical support with this message. "Clip Duration is not quantized correctly"
Send me a private message (via email?) if you want a link to the screenflow source file.
Please let me know if there is a log file I can get some more relevant information from.
No one ever responded to my two suggestions for your development team: 1. Why can't the application recognize an "internal validation error" when it is created? 2. Why doesn't Screenflow have an Undo History feature like Photoshop, Logic Pro, and many other media applications? This would enable creators to test turning off elements one at a time rather than having to undo everything until the errant file is discovered (or not)?