New Tek NDI HX Camera app for iPhone
I'm new to NDI. The $20.00 app for my iPhone seems like a reasonable entry point. Whenever I select the iPhone app as my video input I get a message back on the Preview screen saying, "To access this NDI stream please update the receiver software to a version prepared using the NDI 4 SDK (or better).
Video comes through on the New Tek NDI monitor app (version 3.1 (25)) on this same computer just fine.
The first paragraph in the information for the New Tek HX Camera app on my iPhone says, "The app now does version checking on all connected NDI Receivers. If a connected receiver needs to be upgraded the app sends that receiver a video frame with upgrade instructions rather than video that it won't be able to decode."
Is the problem simply that Wirecast needs to update the NDI driver to version 4? Or is there something that I'm supposed to update on my computer?
Actions taken so far:
1. Reset preferences.
2. Uninstall and reinstall Wirecast 13.0.1.
3. Reboot the computer after 1 & 2 above.
- MAC OS 10.14.6 (18G1012)
- Wirecast Version 13.0.1 (63.d698e091)
- iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
- Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Input source is the New Tek NDI HX Camera app version 1.1 on my iPhone and iPad with the same results from both sources.
- On the Source Properties screen, Status: Receiving Video: 1920x1080 @ 29.97 fps
- Wirecast preference settings: Highest framerate, Live Audio Meters Enabled, Create Playlist.
CraigS Thank you for the info on NDI 4 compatibility. Any guesstimates as to when?
And again, thank you for the NDICam suggestion. It works! :o) With latency. Higher resolution = more latency. I'm getting about a half second at 1280. 170 ms at 480. Hopefully NDI 4 will give us the lower latency numbers at 1280?
Garth Scovill said:
I'm new to NDI. The $20.00 app for my iPhone seems like a reasonable entry point.
I'm a little annoyed with NewTek... I purchased their existing product a couple of months before this was released. Thats annoying by itself. What is more annoying is that my existing product is no longer in the App Store, and I'd need to pay the same price again going forward.
I would agree with Craig's suggestion to use the NDICam alternative. One app that does NDI4 and earlier, without paying double!