Titler Live Removing Titles
Anyone else experiencing this one?
I've added a few titles, run through the scenes and everything is fine.
At some point, I go back to the scene and there's no title appearing. I click the asset and launch Titler Live and the lower 3rd is no longer assigned inside of Titler Live. I have to re-add the title.
Mac Catalina 10.15.6 (whatever the latest is)
WC 13.2 (whatever the latest is)
TL4 (whatever the latest is)
Peter Schwinge, I have had this exact behavior quite a bit with Titler Live. It works fine......until it doesn't. Title disappears and I have to re-add it. However, in my case, after I do that, it often will work for a few minutes and then do the same thing.....only this time Titler Live will totally crash so that I can't re-add the title.
I have an interesting note to add...
Around 2 am I gave up on trying to do anything in WC Beta because even if I clicked on an image to resize it, it would freeze. This morning, I reset the Prefs and deleted the cache - which didn't help.
So, I said forget trying to accomplish anything with Beta and let's see if any of this happens in 13.1 and re-downloaded the installer.
I took one of the last working files that I was using in Beta and opened it up in 13.1 and added a bunch of text and resized images and camera shots -- everything seemed to work fine except one time I did get a slight freeze trying to resize text.
Here's the interesting part.
In 13.1 my internal GPU was getting slammed and my CPU was ranging between 25 - 42%
I opened the same file in Beta and the internal GPU was barely being touched and the CPU was floating around 9-12%
This wasn't recording or streaming, just doing work and playing some movie files.
Activity Monitor shots attached.
Hey CraigS and lynn_elliott ,
On a different note, after pushing through the hangs and crashes - I got my first taping done today with my new layout and guests. I went back to 13.1 for it.
Thought you might like to take a look: https://youtu.be/o-3QP45AzyE
My production flow is:
- Four co-hosts through Skype via NDI (individual feed -- NDI audio sums to one audio channel)
- I virtual cam the live video feed back to them through Skype so they can see the program with just my audio -- this requires Loopback to route the audio properly so there's no feedback and they don't hear themselves - also requires proper WC audio mapping.
- Record to disk. mp4 h.264 2.5mbps 128/48k
- Send audio/video out via HDMI through Blackmagic Intensity 4k card (housed in a Sonnet Echo Express III-R to a Dell G5 PC to record a backup (this will become the dedicated streaming computer) - my camera is captured through the same card.
- I'm doing all the transitions live using a Stream Deck XL (which there's a slight issue with it taking almost a minute to fully connect and lock to the Wirecast layers -- I posted in Elgato's Reddit about this) and a Corsair RGB Dark Core Mouse which I assign the buttons to the three different transitions (Mice with 8 buttons are awesome!).
I've given up on using Titler Live for now so I pre-made the Name Titles in Premiere and added them to overlay in a timed playlist. Topic Titles are just a static image and I edit the text in WC then I 'push' them on and off the screen on the top layer.
And just adding to something I noted before - 13.1 throttles up my CPU and GPU usage and I also noticed using x264 to record to disk would create video stutters even when only at 2500mpbs. Switching to h.264 cleared that up at 2500.
While I was running my GPU usage would fluctuate between 48-65% which is almost double what I was stress-testing using Beta with the same configuration.
Though, no crashes or hangs during the taping.
Happy Friday, CraigS ,
I made another video for ya! https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1259q94j62xyoq/13%20vs%20Beta%202%20hang.mp4?dl=0
During the timeframe of this conversation, there was a beta 2 release which I just noticed...I downloaded it to see if that would fix the hanging problem when I try to move an object.
Alas, no joy.
I disconnected everything from my Mac Mini (no cams, chassis, eGPU, streamdeck, et al.) Only things connected are a Monitor through Thunderbolt (Corsair keyboard and mouse - wirelessly connected to the monitor USB ports) Ext HD USB to Mac.
Using the same file, I opened it up on 13.1 and moved things around (first 2 minutes), then opened it on the July Beta build - and it hangs as soon as I clicked the image to move it.