ShuttlePRO v2 and ScreenFlow v9
I just purchased a ShuttlePRO v2 thinking it will work out of the box. Looking at the settings, it goes to SF v8, however, some of the shortcuts are mapped correctly even for V8 but nothing is working. When I use the Jog dial or the Shuttle all it does is to scroll the tracks on the timeline up and down.
Their manual is useless, and their site has the list of apps under the download drivers section which of course I was able to find when I need to install the driver. The link that should show you the list is pointing at the wrong thing.
Any ideas on how to make a ShuttlePRO v2 work with ScreenFlow version 9?
I searched the community here but only got one hit for ShuttlePRO (I might be doing something wrong). Any help is greatly appreciated.
So far my workaround has been to update the buttons for All Applications, however, the Ring is still not working as expected. I've updated the zones to repeat left and right arrows (2 times per second and Hold down, zone1 and zone 2 respectively) and command + left/right arrow (zone 7). Kind of a hack until I figure out how to make it work with version 9.
Hi CraigS , thanks for getting back to me.
I've been able to sort it out.
Below are the basic steps:
1. Open the Contour Shuttle Settings app
2. Search for ScreenFlow in the search bar in the lower-left corner
3. Select/Highlight the version you would like to replicate the settings for (i.e. ScreenFlow 8)
4. Click on the gear next to the search bar, in the drop-down select "Copy to New Settings" (do not pick New Settings or Copy)
5. Navigate to the Applications folder on your Mac and select ScreenFlow (assuming you only have one version installed)
6 Rename the Settings to something that makes sense to you i.e. ScreenFlow v9 (custom)
7. Configure the buttons as needed
8. From the gear button export the settings for backup
I've attached the settings file for anyone interested in using it and also the pdf with my button assignments.
Hope this helps.